* 10 ounces large shrimp, peeled and de-veined
* 2 to 3 tablespoons plus Paul Prudhommes Blackened Poultry Magic
* 3 tablespoons olive oil or clarified butter
* 21 1/2 cups mushrooms, chopped
* 2 teaspoons fresh minced garlic
* 3/4 cup diced tomatoes
* 1 cup heavy cream
* 1 cup good fresh grated Romano, Asiago or Parmesan cheese
* 1 egg yolk
* 1/2 cup green onions, chopped
* 8 ounces linguine or fettuccine
1. Get a pan of boiling salted water ready for your pasta. When you've got all your ingredients ready, you'll cook your pasta and make your sauce while your pasta is cooking. Get all your sauce ingredients ready and laid out on a plate ready to cook.
2. Toss the shrimp in 1 tablespoon Blackened Poultry Magic seasoning.
3. Heat a skillet and add the olive oil, then add the shrimp that's been tossed in the seasoning and saute it for about 1 minute until the shrimp colors - you need to turn it a couple of times.4. Add the mushrooms and cook with the shrimp for another couple minutes.
5. Add the garlic and stir it around, add the tomatoes, then toss and cook a few seconds.
6. Add the cream and 1 to 2 tablespoons of the Blackened Poultry Magic seasoning (depending on your taste) and bring it all to a simmer. Add the cheese, egg yolk and green onions if you like them, and toss the lot together over a medium heat until the sauce thickens. Don't use too high a heat or the egg will curdle and look scrambled.7. Put the cooked drained pasta in the serving bowl and pour your sauce over it. Garnish with some more cheese, more diced tomatoes and a few more green onions.
8. Serve with focaccia bread or garlic bread and extra cheese if you like.