* 2 pounds white Northern beans
* 4 cups chopped onion
* 2 cups chopped celery
* 2 cups chopped bell peppers
* 1/2 cup chopped parsley
* 1/2 cup chopped garlic
* 2 tablespoons thyme
* 1 tablespoon granulated garlic
* 1 tablespoon granulated onion
* 1 teaspoon black pepper
* Dash cayenne pepper
* Dash white pepper
* Salt to taste
* Stock to cover beans 3 inches
* 1/4 cup chopped garlic
* 2 tablespoons olive oil
* 3 pounds shrimp, peeled and deveined
* 4 cups heavy cream
1. Soak beans in water overnight in refrigerator.
2. Drain beans. Combine in a large pot the beans, vegetables (including the 1/2 cup garlic), seasonings and stock. Simmer, covered, for 2 to 3 hours until beans are tender.
3. Saute 1/4 cup garlic in oil until it starts to brown. Add shrimp and cook until done. Add cream to beans and then add shrimp; bring to a simmer, being careful not to burn.
4. Serve over white rice with jalapeno cornbread.
Makes 10 to 12 servings