* 1 pint shucked oysters (30 to 48 per pint)
* 4 cups all-purpose flour 1 cup cracker meal(or crushed crackers)
* 1 cup cracker meal (or crushed crackers)
* 2 cups vegetable oil for frying
* Optional: 2 tablespoons butter
* 1 tablespoon sea salt
* Cocktail Sauce
* Lemon wedges
1. Prepare the oysters. Combine the flour and cracker meal and dredge the oysters in the mixture. Let the oysters sit, refrigerated, for 20 minutes.
2. Heat the oil to about 350 degrees on medium heat. Add in the optional butter. Fry the oysters until crispy, about 1 to 2 per side minutes.
3. The oysters are done when they are golden brown and crispy. Transfer the fried oysters to a paper-towel-lined plate.4. Sprinkle with sea salt and serve hot with spicy cocktail sauce and lemon wedges.